Sometimes a few inspiring quotes can do wonders for a businessman or woman’s self-esteem. This is especially true when times are tough and business opportunities may not be proving as profitable as hoped.
Here are SBF’s top 10 quotes (in no particular order) from a variety of different people and eras:
- “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision” – Peter Drucker
This quote speaks for itself; there are always brave decisions behind a successful business.
- “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming” – Richard Branson
Although some would have you believe that it’s easy to start and instantly succeed in business, this is very rarely true. Many big businessmen have made mistakes, but the key is to learn from these and to make corrections quickly, rather than wallowing in self-pity and failing to spot another opportunity which may present itself.
- “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
Change is feared by many, as it is unpredictable and often uncontrollable. But in business, the ability to adapt is crucial and so Darwin’s quote rings especially true in the ever-changing 21st century.
- “In all realms of life it takes courage to stretch your limits, express your power, and fulfill your potential. It’s no different in the financial realm” – Suze Orman
Having the strength of mind to make courageous decisions can make or break a business, and is necessary both in life and in business, as highlighted by the above quote.
- “If you did not look after today’s business then you might as well forget about tomorrow” – Isaac Mophatlane
Both long and short-term strategy is crucial in business, as Isaac’s quote highlights how essential it is that entrepreneurs don’t keep putting off business and get their house in order straight away.
- “To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart” – Thomas Watson, Sr.
Entrepreneurs stand a bigger chance of succeeding if they enjoy what they are doing and feel passionately about their business. If you enjoy your work, you naturally work harder to reach your goals.
- “The absolute fundamental aim is to make money out of satisfying customers” – John Egan
As many other business quotes will emphasise, ‘the customer always comes first’! Making sure you are pleasing your customers and getting good feedback is the platform for business success.
- “I don’t pay good wages because I have a lot of money; I have a lot of money because I pay good wages" – Robert Bosch
All successful businesses are ran by happy, motivated workforces. Having a satisfactory wage is one big way to motivate staff and, as Bosch’s quote highlights, a motivated workforce is a likely indicator of a successful, money-making one!
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning” – Bill Gates
Allowing your customers to voice feedback gives you the chance to improve their experience with your business and show you care.
- “Good ideas are common - what's uncommon are people who will work hard enough to bring them about” - Ashleigh Brilliant
And lastly, a quote about good old hard work. To achieve in business, hard work is a fundamental requirement, and even if you think you’ve got a money-making idea, it won’t work without maximum effort.
Knowledge for Small Business and Large Enterprises
We are pioneers in not just providing invoice factoring and invoice discounting to businesses up and down the country, but also in helping our clients grow and become better.
That's why we have a dedicated section of our website that focuses on offering free knowledge on a range of topics that you may find helpful for your business.