Invoice Discounting - one step closer to success

Invoice Discounting gives you access to up to 90% of the invoice value the day you raise it. Imagine the benefits of never having to worry about when your customers pay you. In addition, you maintain full control over the collection of your customer payments and we simply provide you with sufficient working capital to grow your business. 

Skipton Business Finance offers a unique approach to financing your business.

Your facility grows as your business grows, allowing you the time to focus on delivering a world class product or service to your clients. You will be supported by a dedicated Relationship Manager who truly understands your business and is empowered to make the decisions you need to make your business successful. Unlike other finance providers, Skipton Business Finance tailors your finance solution to you and your business needs ensuring you get the right product for you.

How does Invoice Discounting work?

Invoice Discounting is a working capital facility used by businesses to leverage up to 90% of the value of their unpaid sales ledger. This facility allows businesses to increase cashflow whilst remaining confidential so that their customers are unaware of our involvement. The remaining 10% will be advanced to you as and when your customer pays, less an agreed fee.

Waiting up to 90 days for your customer to pay you can cause your business a serious cashflow problem. With an Invoice Discounting solution from Skipton Business Finance, you can engineer a much more consistent cashflow cycle and run your business more efficiently.

Simply put:

  • You provide the goods/services to your customer and invoice them
  • You send the invoice details to SBF
  • Funds are made available to the agreed percentage of the face value of the invoice
  • When your customer pays, the balance of the invoice is made available to you – less our agreed service fee
  • You'll be really surprised as to how cost-effective Invoice Discounting can be. Unlike Invoice Factoring, with Invoice Discounting you maintain full control over your credit control and continue to collect your own payments from your customers

Invoice Discounting - Benefits that go beyond your expectations

  • Confidential facility that grows in line with your business
  • Retain control of your sales ledger performance 
  • Dedicated Relationship Manager
  • Overpayments available 
  • Fast Decision Making
  • Award-winning service levels 

Using your working capital to make a success out of your business

Here are some examples of how business owners can make use of improved cashflow from Invoice Discounting:

  • Release much-needed working capital the instant you raise an invoice
  • Accelerate your strategic aims
  • Hire the best talent to take your business forward
  • Take advantage of early payment discounts from suppliers
  • Keep on top on HMRC payments 
  • The ability to take advantage of opportunities in your marketplace
  • Acquisitions or Management Buyouts

This is exactly what we mean when we say that Invoice Discounting can prove much more flexible than a traditional bank overdraft, as your business gets its own customised finance solution tailored to its requirements!