Emails, alleging to be from UK banks and building societies, have been sent encouraging people to visit fraudulent websites, to invest and pay money and reveal personal details. This is commonly known as 'phishing'.
Skipton Business Finance Limited will never send emails asking for confidential information or security details and you should not respond to emails asking you to reveal such information.
Use Email Safely
- Do not open emails which you suspect as being scams.
- Do not forward emails which you suspect as being scams.
- Do not open attachments from unknown sources.
- Do not make payments to ‘new’ bank account details provided to you via email.
- If in doubt, contact the person or organisation the email claims to have been sent by ... better safe than sorry.
- Do not readily click on links in emails from unknown sources. Instead, roll your mouse pointer over the link to reveal its true destination, displayed in the bottom left corner of your screen. Beware if this is different from what is displayed in the text of the link from the email.
- Do not respond to emails from unknown sources.
Please be vigilant and if you are unsure or concerned about any communication that seems to be from Skipton Business Finance Limited, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01756 694068